Disneyland

- submitted by Wendell Scott

“…to all who come to this happy place - welcome.” ~ Walt Disney

And that I did, go to that happy place, twice. 

Disneyland opened its doors July 17, 1955, and it opened its doors to me this past weekend for the first time. I decided to take a little time off work and go visit the original magical place for the first time in my life. 

Performing for Walt Disney World, I had already been aware that an influx of pixie dust was waiting for me as I stepped onto Main Street U.S.A…but something different happened. I didn’t feel fantasy, but the reality of magic. I was walking on the same exact ground that Walt Disney once walked on. I was riding some of the attractions that Walt himself helped to design and create. I was walking in Walt’s footsteps. It was a very humbling and emotional experience for me that I will never forget.