Washington, D.C.

- Submitted by Valorie McLain

As I realize today is my 8 year anniversary with DGS, I find myself reflecting on how truly blessed I have been working here and thought I'd share a recent trip my son and I took.  On President's Day, we decided to FINALLY take that day trip to Washington, D.C. so many have recommended over the years.  It was definitely a trip we'll never forget.  There is SO MUCH to see and do free of charge or for a nominal fee.  We took the metro from the airport to the Smithsonian and began our sight-seeing tour on foot.  There are so many museums all along the "mall" with a wide variety of interests from art to history, space travel to botanical gardens, you name it...  There is something for everyone!  We walked from the Washington Monument to Capitol Hill, down Constitution Avenue to the White House and back down to our original starting point.  We walked more in that one day than I have walked in a month, but it was worth it!  I highly recommend seeing D.C. if you have not done so and DEFINITELY take your kids.  To see everything will take a few days, so we'll be back soon to see more sights!